- Job-ID: V000012040
- Field of application: Infektions- und Tropenmedizin
- Location: Heidelberg
- Start date: February 2024
- Job Category: Science and teaching
- Working hours: full-time (100%)
- Published: 13.11.2023
- Limitation:Temporary (24 months - extension is sought)
You will be responsible for projects that focus on validation and implementation studies as well as evidence synthesis related to Global health relevant diagnostics in different settings primarily internationally but also in Germany. Some of the projects will enable WHO review and policy making. The specific activities will include but not be limited to:
- Managing complex, multi-partner projects (including travel)
- Leading the study team to design, develop and deliver clinical studies to agreed upon timelines, including training, monitoring
- Designing, developing, maintaining clinical database and analyse clinical data
- Preparing internal and external scientific presentations, research manuscripts and review articles, as required (incl. travel for presentations)
- Supporting/leading grant development activities
- Post graduate knowledge in epidemiology or related field. At least 2 years experience in planning, execution, and analysis of clinical studies, preferably diagnostics studies.
- Strong scientific background and clear understanding of infectious diseases and related public health issues. A medical degree will be an asset.
- Appropriate track record in publication of research manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals commensurate with career stage, including as lead author
- Relevant experience working in multi-cultural backgrounds would be an asset.
- Ability to work without close supervision as well as to work on a result-oriented basis. Willingness to expand knowledge base and take on new topics. Effective communication. Knowledge of the German language would be an asset.
What we offer
- Goal-oriented, individual training and development opportunities
- Possibility of mobile working and flexible working hours within the framework of flexitime
- Possibility of doctorate
- Possibility to take over project responsibility
- Possibility to publish scientifically is offered and supported
- Interdisciplinary cooperation with Heidelberg Institute for Global Health and other departments
- Regular team meetings
- Collectively agreed remuneration, attractive company pension scheme (VBL)
- 30 days vacation
- Sustainable travel: job ticket
- Family-friendly working environment: cooperative arrangements for childcare, subsidy for child vacation care, advice for employees with relatives in need of care
- Wide range of health, prevention and sports offers
Contact & Application
For further information please contact Sabine Viebrock via e-mail.
Applications will be accepted until 20.12.2023 via e-mail. Please send a motivation letter and CV with subject: Epidemiologist.
Infektions- und Tropenmedizin
Sabine Viebrock, Project manager
Im Neuenheimer Feld 324