The postdoctoral fellow will work under the guidance of Dr. Pascal Geldsetzer and other researchers at Heidelberg University and Stanford University. The group works on a wide variety of research, with foci being medication effectiveness, health services research, and population health issues. One key data source for these projects is household survey data, particularly the Demographic and Health Surveys. The group is also working on randomized intervention studies in low- and middle-income country settings, electronic health record data, and the re-analysis of clinical trial data. The researcher will be expected to publish in high-impact peer-reviewed journals.
The postdoctoral fellow will have the opportunity to supervise PhD, Master and Dr. med (thesis as part of medical studies in Germany) students. The fellow will also have the opportunity to teach as part of the institute’s Masters and doctoral program but will not be required or expected to do so.
As an equal opportunity employer, the HUK is committed to increase the percentage of female scientists and, therefore, especially encourages female researchers to apply. Equally qualified applicants with disabilities will be given preference. Candidates from any nationality can apply.
We are open to discussing options for part-time work or working remotely.
- Doctoral degree with quantitative training or research experience
- Training and experience in quasi-experimental methods is a plus
- Strong coding skills in R, Stata, or other statistical software package
- Good communication skills in English (knowledge of German is not necessary)
- Target-oriented individual further education and training opportunities
- Targeted training on the job
- Ticket for public transport
- Possibility of child care (crèche and kindergarten) as well as subsidy for holiday care for school children
- Active health promotion
- Company pension scheme
- Access to the university library and other university facilities (e.g. university sports)
Applications will be accepted via e-mail.
Heidelberg Institute of Global Health
Dr. Pascal Geldsetzer
Im Neuenheimer Feld 130.3
Wir stehen für Chancengleichheit. Schwerbehinderte werden bei gleicher Eignung vorrangig eingestellt. Das Universitätsklinikum strebt eine generelle Erhöhung des Frauenanteils in allen Bereichen und Positionen an, in denen Frauen unterrepräsentiert sind. Qualifizierte Frauen sind daher besonders aufgefordert, sich zu bewerben. Vollzeitstellen sind grundsätzlich teilbar, soweit dienstliche oder rechtliche Gründe nicht entgegenstehen.