Creating and analyzing next-generation sequencing data, the successfull applicant will investigate the impact of cohesin on neural crest cells (hNCC) development and their contribution to Cornelia de Lange Syndrome (CdLS).
This rare but severe genetic disorder is caused by mutations in the cohesin complex or and its auxiliary factors and characterized by craniofacial and limbs malformations, heart defects, and cognitive deficits. Cohesin regulates the three-dimensional (3D) structure of chromatin and impacts the regulation of gene transcription. A large set of craniofacial abnormalities observed in CdLS patients most likely arises during the embryonic development of the hNCC. Hence, the postdoc will investigate the underlying molecular defects in hNCC derived from human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSC).
Combining genetic, epigenetic, and bioinformatic tools (hiPSC culture, CRISPR/Cas9 targeting, hNCC differentiation, RNA- and scRNA-seq, Hi-ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, and analysis using advanced bioinformatics), the scientist will identify the 3D structure of chromatin and regulatory networks controlled by cohesin.
- Ph.D. in bioscience or equivalent degree with a substantial experience in stem cell biology and bioinformatics.
- Basic experience in hiPSC culture, CRISPR/Cas9 targeting and their differentiation.
- Ability to analyze your own data and significant proficiency as well as strong interest in Python, R, shell scripting and working with NGS data.
- Curiosity-driven researcher, passionate about science, who can work both independently and as part of our team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- An exciting, DFG-funded translational research project
- A stimulating work environment within a highly motivated, international team of researchers, scientific collaborations both within the Institute and across the life science community
- Target-oriented individual education and training opportunities
- Targeted training on the job
- Ticket for public transport
- Possibility of childcare (nursery and kindergarten) as well as subsidy for holiday care for school children
- Active health promotion
- Company pension scheme
- Access to the university library and other university facilities (e.g. university sports)
The application must include your motivation, a brief statement of your scientific interests, contact details from three references, curriculum vitae, separated publication list, and relevant certificates.
Please forward your complete application (in a single pdf document - Filename: P0025V441_First Name_Second Name – No other format will be accepted) by e-mail.
Institut für Humangenetik
Dr. rer. nat. Magdalena Laugsch, Group Leader
Im Neuenheimer Feld 366
Tel.: +49 6221 56-39128
Wir stehen für Chancengleichheit. Schwerbehinderte werden bei gleicher Eignung vorrangig eingestellt. Das Universitätsklinikum strebt eine generelle Erhöhung des Frauenanteils in allen Bereichen und Positionen an, in denen Frauen unterrepräsentiert sind. Qualifizierte Frauen sind daher besonders aufgefordert, sich zu bewerben. Vollzeitstellen sind grundsätzlich teilbar, soweit dienstliche oder rechtliche Gründe nicht entgegenstehen.